Friday, March 4, 2011

Sacrificial Love

There is a person I know who loves me more than I can ever deserve - yes, Jesus - but also, Nathan. For almost 9 years I have been the lucky recipient of his ever growing love, care, adoration, smothering affection - he is the person who knows me the best and still loves me the most.

I know that I have done very little to encourage this love - he gets my loudest complaints, my most irrational PMS, my most annoying whines, and my most frustrated days. He has literally seen me at my most ugly, and my best attempts at being beautiful too. He's smelled my bad breath, seen my baby fat, eaten my burned food and sat on my dirty floors - and yet, he still loves me.

But he doesn't only say it. No, he shows it - and this is where I see the love of Christ in him. He is literally willing to give up his every happiness to love me. For example:
- he gets up early to watch the kids and let me sleep in
- he makes breakfast or dinner as a surprise
- he encourages me to go out with friends
- he helps me with house chores
- he runs with me
- he plays with the kids all night!
- he listens to me, tries to understand me, prays for me, cares for me.......

This is really not meant to be a huge brag about my husband - although he totally deserves it. This is meant to be a reminder to me about how much I'm blessed. I truly feel that when I forget how to love or how much God loves, I just need to take a look at how much Nathan loves me.

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 "Love is patient, love is kind....it does not seek its own......it bears all things, believes all things....love never fails."

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I'm so happy to see another young married couple who is doing well! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete