Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stinkin' Chores

I would label myself a clean-freak. Not one of those freakish clean freaks, with everything in order...but one who likes their house looking nice, most of the time. I used to even think that I enjoyed chores - and I still do enjoy a big round of organizing every once in a while - but I have gradually (perhaps this happens as you add kids to your family) seen myself grow more and more lax when it comes to those larger, "deep cleaning" chores.

You know the kind I'm talking about - washing windows, dusting, vacuuming the blinds, wiping down the walls, cleaning out the fridge, cleaning all the vents. YUCK! I hate them. And although I was brought up by a great mom who made me do them at least twice a year; really, who needs them? Do people actually check your furniture for dust? Can you really see clearer once you've washed the windows? And seriously, how dirty can the walls and woodwork be? (except next to the high chair)

Although these all may become serious dirty issues EVENTUALLY, they mainly annoy me mentally - I know I "should" do them, but I don't want. They aren't fun. They take a while. And, it's very hard to even pick-up toys with two kids running around.....Lydia helps me, but that only goes so far.

Ok, so now that I've ranted and complained, I'm off to clean the fridge. It's only been two years; I might find something good in there that I didn't know I had. :)

2 comments:

  1. 2 years....that sounds about right for my fridge cleaning! I'm always scared to lift up the sofa and reveal the grossness of what's underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad someone has finally said this! My least fav job of this, cleaning the windows. My mom taught me to take qtips to the corners and scrub scrub scrub. They're only going to get dirty again and they are covered by blinds 75% of the time. I'm with you sister! Let the revolt begin! Windows, I'll see you in 2 yrs, not 6 months!

    ReplyDelete